This morning’s warm up sketch. I think I’m starting to get a hang of this whole ‘digital art’ thing.
1: Take a picture of your workspace. (Oops, unfinished painting)2: Show your pencil case and what’s inside. (This is my figure drawing stuff, mainly because all of my other drawing supplies are thrown around my house)3: Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a “doodle” it is. (the four turtles as humans!)
4: Lineart or coloring?~Lineart, it’s just easier to go over everything than clean it up. Plus I don’t really know how to colour digital sketches yet
5: Who/what inspires you?~Having a story idea in my head, whether it’s for a comic book or a tv show, really makes me draw
6: Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand. (OH DEAR GOD and I didn’t bother doing the lineart because screw that)7: Do you have any OCs? (Yeah, but I don’t have a name for her yet. Also, this is proof that I can draw actual things, unlike my P.O.S. Dipper sketch above this ^ XD)
8: Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites? (Yeah, I listen to a lot of instrumental stuff like Lindsey Stirling, Cartoon theme songs (gravity falls is my favorite one), Movie soundtracks (pirates of the caribbean and the lord of the rings), anything that really inspires me actually)
9: Favorite thing to draw? (People. Especially trying to take animals/aliens from fiction and turning them into humans. It’s actually a really fun excercise)
10: Least favorite thing to draw? (Hands. Hands and feet.)
11: Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now. (In a nice comfy sweatshirt, skinny jeans, and some cool polka dot socks.)12. Any weird artist behavior you admit doing? (I have to do the pose of the character I’m drawing or else I won’t have a very good understanding of what it’s going to look like. Also making the faces of my character that I’m drawing. It’s especially weird in public.)
hello! hey! quick psa!
when mixing skin tones, always mix in lighter and darker complimentary or analogous colors (such as pinks, reds, and purples) to change value, don’t just add black or white to change a value
this way you get a real nice looking palette like
instead of a dead looking palette like
unless you’re going for dead, in which case carry on
My new watercolors vs the set I bought last year
I love this sort of stuff, it really shows what colours you favour too.
I AM A GODDAMN DELIGHT GUYS
In case anyone wonders why I say NO YOU ARE A DELIGHT to my friends on occasion, this.
ahh omg!! thank you!! i struggle with that a lot actually!!
loosening up is hard, but here are some tips!!
1. do some figure sketches with charcoal, or if youre using a pencil, a great way to loosen up is to hold the pencil further back from the tip, and use grander gestures, drawing with your whole arm, rather than your wrist.
2. draw the line of action in your figures first! make your figures really exaggerated in their body movement! focus on the silhouette, make sure there is good negative space in their pose, that you would be able to tell what the pose was if the whole figure was colored in black!!
3. try doing a drawing where you only use curved lines, no straight lines!
4. draw dancers! drawing ballerinas, and really actually trying to draw them in all their fluid glory really helps! the best thing i’ve ever done is study and then animate a ballerina jumping, theyre just so fluid and graceful, it imitates in your art.
5. this kind of goes with exaggeration, but try caricaturizing your people or animals or whatever you’re drawing
6. study real life and other artists that you find fluidity in!!
these are just things that work for me, if anyone else has any tips, chip in!!!
it all takes practice, but finding fluidity in your work is fun and youre gonna be great at it!!!
So… Some people requested me this, and I really don’t think it adds something different from the tons of awesome coloring tutorials on the internet, but it was fun to make :) I hope I can help some of you guys xD
Just because it’s Elsa I added a few more details on the final pic, but the main idea all here.
Sorry for any grammar mistake Sorry if you’re not interested and I made you scroll through this…
If I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.
-Hayao Miyazaki (x)
Don’t we all, Jane? Don’t we all…
"Ahh your art is great, you’re a natural!"
Nah son it’s just years of practice and hard work.
"Oh my gosh you have a natural talent!"
NAH SON IT’S JUST YEARS OF PRACTICE AND HARD WORK.